Friday, January 28, 2011

Cinco

Mike and I celebrated our 5-year dating anniversary on Tuesday, the 25th.  Celebrating is a bit too liberal a word, actually.  Mike stayed home from a sporting event with friends and dealt with food poisoning and I fell asleep during the Biggest Loser.  Never to fear, though, we'll be enjoying two nice dinners out this weekend and a trip to Louisville to take in the show Rock of Ages

That said, after the crib mattress purchase on Wednesday we went to eat at the Old Spaghetti Factory.  Until our inaugural trip to Babies R Us a few weeks ago,  I had no idea one of these still existed in Cincinnati.  As a kid, I loved the one downtown and always wondered why it closed after moving here.  So, after all but laying down on the mattresses in the store (Mike also suggested I press my baby bump to them to see if there was any reaction from Baby Kelly ...) we made our way over for dinner. 

As we were wrapping up our meal and enjoying our complimentary spumoni ice cream I asked "Did you ever think, the day after our first date, that 5 years later we'd be married, sitting at an Old Spaghetti Factory, in the suburbs, enjoying an alcohol-free dinner after purchasing a crib mattress?"  His response, "Never." 

Proof the powers that be know what they are doing and bring people into your life at just the right time.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Happy dating anniversary! Wes and I feel so old when we think about our various anniversaries. This V-Day will be our 14 year dating anniversary and this summer will be our 10-year wedding anniversary! Where has the time gone?!

I had NO idea there was still an OSF either. I grew up loving the one downtown too - it was a special treat. Good to know there's still one around. Although, Wes ate at the one in Louisville a couple of years ago and said it was not so good. I guess our tastebuds have changed a bit over the years. Where is the one there?

Jen said...

The one in downtown Cincy was a treat for us too ... I loved it! The newer one (opened in '02 apparently) is in the Tri-County area, for you, off 275 coming from 75. For being in the 'burbs I was pleasently surprised at how much character this one had - nice wooden tables and the old cable car still in the center of the large dining room.

I wouldn't classify it as fine dining by any stretch of the imagination, but great if you have kids in tow or want a quick, inexpensive meal. I love a good spaghetti and meatballs dinner and thought theirs was pretty good. Plus, their meals are "all inclusive", salad, bread, drink and ice cream dessert included and most are priced around $10 - can't be that for a sit-down dinner in my opinion.

Ms. Thomas said...

I have no idea how you keep up with all these anniversaries, but I am glad you take the time to celebrate them all.

Wanna make any guesses about how you're 10 year dating anniversary will look, when you have an almost-kindergartener???