Sunday, January 9, 2011

Baby Bump: 20 weeks (Halfway there!!)

I cannot believe that I'm 20 weeks pregnant, aka halfway to meeting our little banana!! Time has flown, but at the same time, I feel like it's been forever since I saw the word that changed my life forever on that EPT stick. I've continued to have great doctor visits and am right on track with weight gain (10 lbs so far) and, of course, we love, love, love hearing Baby Kelly move about and his/her wonderful heartbeat.

Symptoms continue to include a bit of fatigue (although MUCH better than the first trimester), swelling that is easily combated by staying over-hydrated, and just this past week, indigestion (full head of hair predictor?) ... oh yeah, and hormonal emotions that change in the blink or an eye (sorry to Mike for crying yesterday after getting off the phone with Ann Taylor and hearing that the charcoal maternity trousers I was trying to exchange are no longer in stock ... seriously though, those pants fit like a dream, why didn't I just sew that small hole in the inseam myself??). I've gotten to the point in the pregnancy where the new symptoms are just another sign that means my body is no longer mine ... not that I'm not enjoying every minute, just realizing that my body may never be truly mine again for a very long time ... if ever : )

We officially started on the nursery this weekend, having wainscoting and crown molding put up. Thanks to our wonderful parents and Santa we have most of our bedding set and I have a paint color picked out. We looked at cribs today (and found a winner!) and I have a dresser picked out; once we have those two pieces in-house we can finalize the rocker / glider selection ... I have one picked out, just need to make sure we have enough room in the small space. You know that I love a good project and have loved having a room to decorate from the ground up. Can't wait to share the transformation with everyone!

20 weeks - Banana
(big step up this week, we go from measuring from the head to rump to the entire length of the baby's body)
** Photo courtesy of BabyCenter.com **
n
20 weeks
(to be fair, I'd just eaten Chipolte, so this belly is partially thanks to a burrito bowl)

5 comments:

Danielle said...

I was going to ask you how your shopping adventures went this weekend. We were up your way yesterday having brunch at Nada. If you haven't been, go this weekend! We love us some Nada!!

You look adorable! I love the emotional Ann Taylor story. I think I would have had the same reaction with or without extra hormones!

Jen said...

I LOVE Nada and go there at least once every other week for lunch or happy hour (they actually make a wonderful virgin mojito!!) and/or my boss knows I love their guac and chips and will bring it back for me if he has meetings around there. I have never been for brunch and will add it to our list of places to try - I love brunch!

And, had another meltdown this morning over clothing, again. These hormones are out of control!

Anonymous said...

You are so cute! Can't wait to see your nursery!
-Kristin

Megan said...

Isn't it great when your baby bump disguises over-eating bloat? You look great! Nice glow!

Ms. Thomas said...

Jen, you are so cute! I cannot believe you're halfway there already! This is going by so fast!