Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Baby Kelly waves Hello!

I had my mid-term ultrasound and doctor appointment today and all went wonderfully. Since I haven't felt any official kicks yet (lots and lots of fluttering and round ligament movement, though) it was a sight for sore eyes to see our little banana moving around in the womb. The ultrasound tech commented as to how active our little peanut is and I don't think he / she made her life any easier by being on the move when she needed to get measurements. At one point we saw the little mover and shaker trying to do somersaults! Baby Kelly proved it wasn't just a show for the camera when the doctor listened for the heartbeat again using the Doppler monitor and we heard at least 6 kicks in a matter of just a minute. Music to my ears!
n

n
If you were to have both of these pictures open on your computer and toggle back and forth (like I did today), you'd see Baby Kelly waving at you, like Mike and I saw on the screen. Pretty cool if you ask me!

We resisted the urge to find out the gender and unless we opt to shell out for a 4-D ultrasound (up in the air right now) or there are growth or development issues, we won't see out little one again until his / her world premiere on or around May 28. Needless to say I'm counting down the days!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

David got me a 3-D ultrasound as a Valentine's Day present when I was pregnant with Caroline. Hmmmmm... It's coming up!
So happy for you both!

Danielle said...

Aren't ultrasounds amazing?! Don't think I'm not going to share this picture with my sister to see if she can determine the sex! You may not want to know but I do! I can't stand the suspense (:

Anonymous said...

I know it's such a relief to see him/her moving around on the screen! I'm excited that you guys anre't finding out the sex - I think it's so cool to make it a surprise!
-Kristin

Ms. Thomas said...

I love your baby. And I love you.