Friday, January 7, 2011

"Oh, that's not a muffin top you're sporting ..."

I'm what I like to call "a recovering accountant," moving from the world of tax planning into marketing for the same firm just about a year ago. That said, I still work with accountants ... most of whom are men ... none of whom are very observant (and usually a little socially awkward) ... case in point:

Coworker: So, I heard you headed up the Biggest Loser competition a few years ago for the tax group, wanna join in again?
n
Me: Ummmm, unless the contest extends to July or August, I think I'm out considering I'm set to gain about 20 pounds between now and the end of May.
n
(At this point he spies the picture of the latest ultrasound framed on my desk)
n
Coworker: Ohhhhhh, so would you be up for keeping the tally?

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I love the innuendo that you needed to participate in the first place!

Lisa said...

I was always so glad when my belly would pop so people would stop giving me that "Is she getting fat or is she pregnant?" look.

Ms. Thomas said...

Hahaha. Guys and details just don't mix. I love how he offered you the position of "secretary."