Thursday, January 27, 2011

Technical Difficulties

I'm behind on posting because of issues uploading pictures from my camera to the computer ... hopefully this weekend I can get things straightened out and my 5 readers can hear all about our trip to Florida, my Mom's 60th birthday party and Baby Kelly rooting for the Steelers.  Ok, that last one is just a picture of me in a Steelers shirt for Sunday's game : )

In the meantime, I'll leave you with a snipet of a conversation between Mike and I last night as we ventured out to Babies R Us to use a limited time 20% off coupon to purchase Baby Kelly's crib mattress. 

Me:  (As we're pulling into the parking lot)  Up ahead you can park in an Expectant Mother's spot.

Mike:  No, we shouldn't.  You aren't THAT far along.  (Granted, I will say, that when I have my winter coat on, it can be hard to tell)

Me:  That's not the point, I'm "along", which counts and it's cold outside ... I only have a few more months of being able to milk these spots, so you'd better turn in. 

4 comments:

Megan said...

That conversation reminds me of this one between Jeremy and I as we turned into the Toys R Us parking lot after Iris was born.
Me: Wouldn't it be cool if they have those parking spots for new parents like they do for expectant mothers at BRU?
JD: Yeah, that's the the rest of the parking lot.

Danielle said...

You only get to park in that spot for 9 months out of your life (times the number of children you have), so you're patiently waited your turn and your turn is NOW. I used to want to go to BRU just so I could legitimately park in the spot (:

Thanks again for the cupcake stand! Now if you could just magically snap your fingers and make everything in my head into a reality, that would be perfect.

Ms. Thomas said...

"That's not the point. I'm 'along.'" HILARIOUS!!

Lisa said...

I always refused to use those spots. But the weather we've had lately I think I would have!