Sunday, October 9, 2011

What's Cookin': Peanut Butter Cup Blondies

Hello my name is Jen and if polygamy was legal, I'd take a Reese Cup as my second husband.  I'm the first to admit that I have an unhealthy relationship with peanut butter ... throw chocolate into the mix and I'm a goner.  So, imagine my utter excitement when I saw this recipe as I was thinking through a dessert option to share during the season premiere of Glee with my friend Carrie, a fellow food lover. 

What can I say other than that these DID NOT disappoint?!  I knew I'd done something good when both Carrie and my Mom asked for a second brownie and when Mike gave two thumbs and big toes up upon taste-testing for himself.  As a plus, they were from Cooking Light and if you follow Weight Watchers, they are only 5 points-plus each if you portion into 16 servings!

Why, hello Lover!
Peanut Butter Cup Blondies
From Cooking Light

5 3/5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/4 cups)
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
2 tablespoons 2% reduced-fat milk  (I used skim milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Cooking spray
4 (0.75-ounce) peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped. 
Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine flour and next 3 ingredients (through salt), stirring well with a whisk. Combine peanut butter and next 4 ingredients (through eggs), stirring well. Add peanut butter mixture to flour mixture; stir until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

Scrape the batter into a 9-inch square metal baking pan lightly coated with cooking spray (I only had an 8x8 square metal baking pan), and arrange the peanut butter cups over batter. Bake at 350° for 19 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Cool in pan on a wire rack.

1 comments:

Saralyn said...

The problem with serving size is...I would eat that whole pan.