Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Kid is All Right

We survived our first two (half) days at nursery school and Anna is no worse for the wear ... Mom, on the other hand, went through a tube of mascara, a box of tissues, and likely all of my text and cell minutes for the month.  Tuesday's drop-off and pick-up were a complete 180 from Monday and I should have known that she'd be fine and I'd be the one with adjustment issues. I can't thank my friends and family enough for talking me off the ledge when I seriously thought my entire world was crumbling down and my broken heart was beyond repair.  Luckily, I'm anchored by an extremely supportive husband and a Mother that gives the best phone hugs;  I have no idea what I'd do without either of them.

Anna did wonderfully and the only comment I've received has been the same from everyone that works in her classroom and goes to the tune of "I've never seen a happier baby."  We'll receive a daily "activity report" outlining the weekly theme and how it correlates to the different pockets of her day, including language arts (story time, yesterday was Little Miss Muffet), motor skills (kicking and tummy time), cognitive development (playtime), self-help / life skills (eventually things like holding her own bottle), creative art (today they made a spider web out of a cotton ball), sensory stimulation (tactile stimulation with a cotton ball), and music / movement (singing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider") as well as notes on her eating, output, napping, etc.  There's an area for additional comments and I smiled from ear to ear yesterday as I read that Miss Patty wrote "Well, what can I say except you were right!  What a delightful little girl you have!  She was pleasant, happy and did not cry or fuss one time.  We're going to have a lot of fun together." 

And, if you don't believe me, take it from this little bundle of joy who couldn't wait to tell her Exersaucer friends all about her first day of school! 



If you haven't noticed, arms open, mouth open is Anna's way of letting us know she's one happy gal : )

1 comments:

Danielle said...

Yay! I've been thinking about you these last couple of days, especially today for your first full day. It sounds like she's doing great and you'll adjust too with time. Having a happy, carefree baby makes the transition that much easier!

By the way, the brand is Melinda G. Who knew! I guess I never even looked at the tag!