Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What's Cookin': Pot Roast

I said this a few weeks ago about Annie's Eats and I'll say it again today about The Pioneer Woman ... if you haven't checked out her link on my sidebar, do yourself a favor and do so immediately.  The cooking portion of her site is just one tiny facet and as with Annie, I'm not sure when PW sleeps.  Her recipes are amazing and I love the detailed pictures.  Going along with my Sunday dinner plan of late, I added pot roast to the line-up and knew that PW wouldn't steer me in the wrong direction ... and boy, was I right.  The dinner was delish, everything seasoned just perfectly and the meat was tender and moist (sorry, Mom, but it was a far cry from your preferred "dry as a bone" version we devoured as kids).  Click here for the full recipe and step-by-step directions. 



I guess the ONLY good thing that can come of this crazy-cold weather is that you have plenty of chances to test this out before Spring returns ... Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I agree, the woman has super-natural powers that I will never possess. She does have a considerably larger amount of wealth but even that can't buy more hours in the day.

Lisa said...

Something I love to do that I got from my MIL is to make pot roast, shred it and serve with toasted french bread and the aus ju. Very yummy!