Sunday, March 13, 2011

As my nose blows ...

Oh how I wish the title of this post was the start to some fabulous soap-opera story ... and, fair warning, this might be TMI for some of you folks...

One of the craziest pregnancy symptoms I've experienced since the beginning of this wild and crazy journey is the additional fluids present in my nose on a daily basis.  I have read that it's very common and have validated this with my OB and several friends.  Prior to these crazy hormones taking control of my body I could probably count on one hand how many times a year I blew my nose.  Now I'm blowing several times a day and finding that some of the "friends" that come out of my nose resemble famous people or constellations.  The worst are the times after I've woken up for the 5th time in the middle of the night to use the restroom, and settle back into bed only to realize I can't breathe through  my nose and have to get up, yet again, to take care of business.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I totally realize this is benign compared to what some women go through during their 10 months ... I just know that at some point I'll have my bundle of joy and all of the crazy symptoms will be a long-gone memory, so I guess I'm using this as a way to remember some of the fun times I've had : )

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Megan was just telling me the other day about how congested she was when pg. And we both would get bloody noses. Ah pregnancy!