Sunday, March 6, 2011

Baby Bump: 28 weeks (Third Trimester!!)

Why hello there, third trimester, so nice to meet you!  I cannot believe I'm in the final third of my homestretch toward becoming a Mom to Baby Kelly!  It's really started to hit home over the past few weeks as the weather has started to warm up here and there (soooo excited about having my summer off work!!), our registries are complete and shower preparations are in full swing.  I can't believe that in less than three months I'll get to meet my little bowling ball, finally!  (On a side note, I only have about 9 weeks left at work, but who's counting??!!) 

The nursery is pretty much done ... just need a few accessories before I post pictures ... and, let me tell you that I LOVE that room.  I go in at least once a day and just smile ear to ear.  Some days I take my morning break in the glider (blow drying my luscious pregnancy locks takes it out of a gal, ha), just imaging what it will be like when I'm in there to cuddle, rock or read aloud to a little one (sadly, even though the cats love the room, they won't appease me by letting me rock them, ha).   

The past month I've felt pretty good, aside from regular pregnancy symptoms, you know, the early stages of waddling, getting stuck on couches and using the restroom 13 times a night.  My blood pressure has normalized and I really think I was getting myself worked up before my OB appointments.  Weight is good, about 20 lbs so far, and I "passed" both my initial glucose and anemia tests last week.  Baby Kelly has been pretty active lately, likely enjoying the last few weeks of having room to move and shake before that baby fat he/she is set to gain puts big movements on the lockdown.  He/she is most active in the afternoons and evenings generally ... maybe that means I'll have a good sleeper, ha!  I feel like a camel these days with the amount of water I'm drinking ... I kid you not, I tracked my water intake one day from the time I woke up until the time I headed home from work and I was at 120 ounces by that point!  And then I drink probably 40 more ounces while at home / before bed.  Not only am I always thirsty, but lately I've been hot and started to notice some mild swelling in my feet toward the end of the day.  All of this water better help!

We start our birthing / baby care classes this month and I can't wait!  Seeing what the birth will entail and the hospital where I'll deliver will make everything seem soooo much more real.  We've decided on a daycare and are planning to put in our name/ deposit in this week (luckily I won't have to return to work until October ... the thought of leaving Baby K with someone else is already making me tear up). 

No turning back now! 

28 weeks ... right before we went furniture shopping for the basement and I promptly realized
it's no easy task repeatedly "testing" couches when 7 months pregnant : ) 

4 comments:

Sperrrrrrbs said...

You are ADORABLE!!! So excited for you!!!

Danielle said...

The water will definitely help! He/she will just come floating out!

I took your cupcake stand to your mom's house yesterday. I think I threw her for a loop but she eventually figured it out (:

I also got the shower invite and I'm so excited that I made the cut! I'm anxious to come and see everyone.

Megan said...

Pregnancy definitely agrees with you! You look great!
I agree, the water will help. Also, watch sodium intake, too. That was my downfall. I loved pickles too much during my last trimester and all that salt really bloats the ankles.

Lisa said...

So excited for you! You look gorgeous!