Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What's Cookin': Chinese Chicken and Broccoli

For those of you that haven't checked out Annie's Eats on my sidebar, do yourself a favor and hop on over ASAP.  Annie is supernatural, I have deduced.  She's a pediatrics resident (I know from my dear friends Whitney and Carrie just how taxing this can be), a Mom to a toddler (with #2 on the way!) and yet still finds time to whip up delectable dishes! 

You may remember my failed attempt a few months ago at making this dish ... I finally got it back on the docket and was NOT disappointed.  Click here to see Annie's full recipe and a much better photo.  Because I had a bit of a brain fart at the grocery I did without the peanut or sesame oil and instead just used a bit of vegetable oil, I also added some shredded carrots as they were calling my name from the produce drawer.  Served with brown rice, Mike and I both agreed this was a winner and will be making a return appearance at the Kelly household.  The added bonus was that, in an effort to combat swelling, I've been pretty militant about my sodium intake and I'm positive I saved myself quite a bit by cooking at home versus a takeout dish. 

Chopsticks and eggrolls optional, but highly recommended : ) 

I forgot to take a picture until I was packing up the leftovers, but you get the idea : )

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks very good! I checked out Annie's Eats. Does she sleep?

Jen said...

Lisa - I know, right?!? If I didn't know that she was a doctor and pregnant, I'd totally think that she was on something that allowed her to stay awake 20 hours a day! Some of her recipes are a little too entailed for me, but I've had luck with all of the dinners I've tried. Enjoy!