Friday, February 18, 2011

I fought the law ...

... and I won!  The "law" in this case is our county auditor and the "fight" was our property value assessment as used to calculate our semi-annual property tax.  It really wasn't a big ordeal since we bought the house in April and had a recent appraisal and settlement statement; just filling out a form and gathering the supporting paperwork with a notarized signature.  But it still feels nice!  I've mentioned before that the housing market was definitely in our favor when we sold our home (only a small gain, but no loss!) and bought this home; and that remains true for the assessment.  I joked with my Dad that this will allow us to set up a college fund for Baby Kelly, but in all honesty, I'm not sure exactly how much we'll save over the next few years (my rough estimates are about $750 per year).  That said, I'll take what we can get as diapers and daycare aren't cheap : )

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Good job! I hate to think about how much I've spent on diapers and daycare in my life. ; (