Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bright Eyes and Goodbyes


We finally got around to using our new fancy-pants camera (Nikon 3100) and as I was installing the software required to (finally) download those pictures I figured I should snag the last few off our point and shoot camera.  This is one of my favorites of Anna's first week and was taken the day my Mom was heading back to Lexington after staying with us for several days.  We were tearing up over an extra-sappy Oprah (one of her last episodes) and I could tell that Gigi was trying to get in her last few snuggles ... I had just finished feeding the little Miss and Mom wanted to burp her.  I swear those eyes get me every time ... I know they will morph into their permanent color in a few months, but for now I can't get enough of them as they gaze back at me with their blue-gray wonderfulness. 

A few hours later we were both tearing up as she left our nest ... tears of happiness, excitement and love.  I've said it on here before, but it's worth mentioning again, I can't thank my Mom enough for her help, support and general awesomeness during those first few days (and always, for that matter!).  We love you Gigi!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Moms are the best! I'm thankful for mine each and every day.

Lisa said...

When I visit can she lay on my chest? Please, pretty please!

Ms. Thomas said...

I love that your mom is a Gigi too. That's the best.