Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Baby Bump: 36 weeks ... it's the final countdown!

This is (most likely) the month that I'll become a mother ... C-R-A-Z-Y!  All is going well for the most part, but now the fun is really beginning : )  At my last exam there was a slight concern over an elevated blood pressure, low platelet count and swelling in my legs and feet.  Not enough to do anything that day, but enough to push me into realizing that this baby could come sooner rather than later.  Although the doctor told me to take it easy, I read that as "get your crap together in case you are induced or put on bedrest next week" ... such is the life of someone with OCD, ha. 

So, we spent the weekend making duplicate registry returns and stocking up on any of the basics we didn't yet have.  I washed all of Baby Kelly's clothing and blankets (and, yes, I am in LOVE with everything being so small) and we organized all of our loot in the nursery.  Oh, and I napped!  3 1/2 hours on Saturday and 2 1/2 hours on Sunday.  I'm not sure when the nesting is going to happen if I keep napping my free time away ... A friend noted that I live my life as a "nester," so we're probably good to go, ha. 

At today's appointment they did a BPP and Baby Kelly passed with flying colors.  He/she weighs in at a whopping 6 lbs, 15 oz and is a mover and a shaker.  The moving and shaking is mostly due to the fact that apparently I have provided more than enough amniotic fluid in the womb (more is better than less) and he/she has a literal swimming pool to perfect movements.  The excess fluid is also why the shots we got of the face were so clear and un-squished ... oh, and perfectly adorable : )  I was also warned to literally watch out if my water is to break on my own, ha ... maybe now is the time to look into an adult mattress pad?

Look at those cheeks!!

At one point we got a wink, but didn't capture on the pictures

I think this might be Mike's nose, but it's hard to tell

Today's appointment and seeing our little melon made it so much more REAL and I'd be lying if I said I'd thought of anything else since we left.  With the good comes the not-so-good ... my blood pressure was higher again, my platelets are still low and my legs and feet are still retaining a tad too much water, but again, not enough to warrant action.  I'm 1cm dilated and having contractions here and there, mostly due to the pressure of the baby and excess fluid.  The same tests and bloodwork will be run next week and in the meantime I'm to take it easy, elevate when I can ... and anxiously wait for our little one to arrive! 

Up next, a post on my Lexington baby shower that was truly a page out of Southern Living magazine ...

3 comments:

Ms. Thomas said...

Can this be the official kick off to guess Baby Kelly's sex, birthday and birth time?

So, I'm saying boy, and he's going to come May 25, but I hope he holds out until May 30 because then he'll be extra smart. He's going to be a beefcake, 8lbs. 6 oz., so get ready. He'll also show up around 11:19pm.

In summary, boy, May 25 at 11:19pm, weighing 8lbs. 6oz.

Also, he is gorgeous, and these face ultrasounds usually freak me out. So exciting!

Lisa said...

I'm thinking something's going to happen soon. I'm gonna say 5/11, 3pm, 6lb 12oz. And since I think you're having a boy and I'm always wrong I'm going to predict that you are having a girl.

Sooooooo exciting!!!
Am I allowed to visit the hospital? Amber you wanna carpool?

Danielle said...

Oh "HE" is so adorable! I love those 3D or 4D shots even though they are a little alienlike.

Smart thinking to start banking your slumber hours now! (: