Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What's Cookin': PW's Chicken Spaghetti (also part of Operation Stock the Freezer)

I had read about this recipe on a blog I follow and although it looked a little heavy, you can't go wrong with most of PW's recipes.  So, I added it to the menu for earlier this week and decided to beef up quantities of some of the ingredients so that I could freeze the extra portions.  I don't know if I beefed it up too much or if it's like the ziti that just makes a ton, but I filled three 8x8 containers, each serving 3-4 adults ... that's a lot of bang for your buck and effort. 

Because I was famished when we ate and I'm too lazy to properly present and photograph the leftovers, there's no picture, but the original recipe's pictures are better anyway.  I did make a few changes to the recipe ... I used three large chicken breasts (about 2 lbs, uncooked), a pound of pasta, added a chopped red pepper, forgot the piementos and added three chopped carrots (hello my name is Jen and I have an obsession with adding more veggies to any recipe I come across).  I saw in the original recipe post that she used Cream of Mushroom and Chicken soup ... I couldn't find that, so I used a can of each Cream of Mushroom and Cream of Chicken and I added a little water to thin the sauce out a bit. 

Mike was intrigued by this dish and I could tell he was leery of the ingredient combination ... but, low and behold, it was a winner with him; proven by the heaping round of seconds he took : )

0 comments: