Thursday, May 5, 2011

Family Tradition

I look just like my Mom.  We have the same feet (fingers for toes), the same albino mole on our forehead and as I grow older I notice we have the same mannerisms.  Throughout the pregnancy I've wondered who our baby would favor ... there's no question the child will have dark hair, but I was hoping he/she would take Mike's skin coloring and perhaps my blue eyes.

When Mike's Mom saw the 3D ultrasound she immediately sent me Mike's hospital mug shot.  If there was any doubt who this child will reassemble, there isn't anymore ... definitely Daddy's boy or girl ... and I can't complain since I think he's rather easy on the eyes : )

Baby Kelly at 36 1/2 weeks

Baby Michael

Mike doesn't see the resemblance at all, but I think it's because he's too caught up in thinking he looks like an Eskimo ... side note, did you guys know that Eskimo is no longer PC, apparently  now they are "Alaskan Friends" ... anywho, I see it from the nose down and his parents and my Mom agree.  Of course this coming from someone who until Tuesday thought 3D ultrasound pictures were creepy ... I guess that all changes when it's your little one your gazing upon : )

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I agree! All my kids' looks have surprised me. It's so interesting. And personalities too.

Danielle said...

Yes, I see it in the cheeks and mouth. Alaskan friends? That's really lame.

Ms. Thomas said...

Awww, BK is a little Mike! And why did you never tell us about Mike's Inuit heritage??? All he needs is a little sled dog curled around his head! So cute!