Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Partial potty success

Shortly after publishing this post, Anna spent most of the weekend with Gigi (my Mom) and Mike and I dedicated ourselves to getting our sassy and stubborn youngest child potty trained. We had treats, we downloaded apps, we cleared our schedules (and for me, mourned the loss of trips to the pool) and went all in. Within the first couple of hours we had a pee on the potty and I almost peed my own pants I was so excited. Charlotte did great the rest of the weekend and by Monday was in underwear and had no potty accidents at school. She was peeing like a champ. Pooping not so much; and we're still working on that, but life is all about small victories, and if we've learned anything about timing with her it's that she'll do it when she's ready and on her own time.

In the meantime I'd like to thank the Elmo Potty app and my old knees for getting me through lots of timing sitting on a stool waiting for the glorious sound of liquid hitting toilet water : )




0 comments: