Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksful Thursday: Perspective

I'm thankful for perspective. 

The perspective that comes from my Mom when I'm rushing around to clean the house and prepare the perfect meal for my family; and she reminds me "they're not coming to see a spotless house or eat at a 5-star restaurant." 

The perspective that comes from my time volunteering for various charities; nothing reminds you of how lucky and blessed you are to live the life you live, than helping those with so much less.

The perspective that comes from being a Mother to a young child; when an hour on Sunday evening is spent singing ring-around-the-rosie in the living room over and over and over again until we're all dizzy, but can't stop laughing, and then having your child come over to give you a big bear hug.

The perspective that comes from being a working Mother, when you want to have that spotless house, a healthy and home cooked meal on the table each night, and to spend quality time with your child(ren) each day, all while climbing the corporate ladder.  Something's got to give and I'm glad I have the perspective of other working Mothers to help me find a balance.

The perspective that comes from a weekend with friends where you can ask the questions you might not ask without having the luxury of time mulling around a hotel room getting ready for the day, like "how much organic do you guys actually buy?", "how often do you wash your bras?", "how much are you putting away for college for your kids?"  Honest answers from friends can do wonders for your psyche and can make you feel "normal," just the perspective you need. 

The perspective that comes from growing a baby inside you and realizing that every life is precious, every life is a blessing and we're all meant to be here for a reason grander than we may ever know. 

1 comments:

Danielle said...

So true! And to answer your questions (ha!)...I try to buy the "dirty dozen" organic, I hardly ever wash my bra!, and I'm sure I'm not putting away nearly enough for college (: