Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Technology

This may seen trivial, but I'm thankful for technology this week.  I'm thankful that this blog allows me to keep our out-of-town family and friends updated on our lives and also  allows me to keep a living scrapbook.  I'm thankful that I have a camera phone I can use to send Anna's grandmothers a text picture almost daily.  I'm thankful that we can quickly share good news (or bad news) over e-mail.  I'm thankful I can quickly order the ever-needed new wardrobe for my child without leaving the comfort of my own home.  I'm thankful that DVR exists and kept me from going insane during this political season and also allows us to provide Anna with educational shows of our choosing when she just needs those 15 minutes to unwind.  That said, there's nothing that can replace a phone call, sitting next to someone and talking, or a big bear hug.  As much as I'm thankful for technology, I guess I'm probably more thankful for the people on the other end : )