Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thankful Thursday: My partner in crime

I'm probably most thankful for my husband, Mike, and so I've saved the best of my Thankful Thursday, November 2012 edition, for last : ) 

Mike and I met through a mutual friend in the fall of 2005, right after I moved back to Cincinnati, but we didn't get to know each other until the following January when we sat next to each other at a group dinner and ended the evening with a competitive game of flip cup.  He asked me out over the phone a few days later and our first day followed at a venue that's changed ownership no fewer than four times in almost seven years, but still makes for a great date night full of memories.  Sometimes I even make him reenact how he called to me across the parking lot as we were both leaving and asked if I'd want to go out again ; )

So, thank you, Mike, for being my best friend and my partner in crime, I truly can't imagine a world where you're not by my side.  Thank you for being the best father imaginable to our daughter; I knew you'd have a special bond with our children, but I couldn't have imagined how amazing it would be to see it form.  Thank you for letting me come up with crazy ideas, not squashing my dreams immediately, and letting me realize on my own they were a little far-fetched.  Thank you for cleaning up the dishes on the nights I cook and taking charge of at least one meal a week so that I have a bit of a break; nothing tastes better than a meal you don't have to prepare.  Thank you for doing pretty much all of the heavy lifting around the house, including the garbage/recycling every single week.  Thank you for understanding my need to make the bed daily and appeasing me by doing so most days.  Thank you for being one of the neater husbands I know and keeping your towels and clothing off the floor.  Related to that, thank you for taking turns doing the laundry.  Thank you for being a gentleman and opening doors for me, letting me go first, and generally watching out for me.  Thank you for understanding when I'm emotional and letting me cool down so that I realize on my own I'm a little loco.  Thank for so many times being the voice of reason and always keeping a level head.  Thank you for always being able to make me laugh, for being a great travel companion on so many fun and fantastic adventures, and for just being you, I can't wait to continue exploring our world with the best person I know! 

1 comments:

Danielle said...

How sweet! I had to laugh about the bed making because I could envision when you lived with Heather and you'd make her bed. Clearly you love a made bed!