Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thanksful Thursday: Lifelong friends

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

My first best friend and I literally grew-up together, our parents met in Lamaze class while pregnant and we've remained friends to this day.   We taught each other how to be good friends and from those early days I've cultivated friendships that I will always cherish.  From friends I met in high school to college/sorority to a little toy store that brought a big group of 20-somethings together, to friends I've met in Cincinnati, Chicago, Charlotte, and now as a Mom.  Some I may not talk to once a month, or even once a year, but you can bet that when we're finally able to get together, we'll carry-on like no time has lapsed at all.  I cherish my friends, work hard to keep in touch, and you can be your bottom dollar that I wouldn't trade any of them for a million bucks.  For that, I am very, very thankful.

"If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile... But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me."

1 comments:

Danielle said...

To cherish friendship with but a chosen few...

Great post! It's nice to stop and be thankful for those that mean so much to us (: Love ya!