Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Week in the Life: Wednesday

4:00am - 5:30am:  I hear Anna moving around in her crib through the monitor and assume she's working out a poop.  She's on an every-other-day pooping schedule this week and in my delirious state I can't remember changing a #2 yesterday.  I doze in and out of sleep.

5:30am:  Anna let's out the tiniest cry and I get up to check on her, assuming she needs a poopy diaper change.  Wrong, a wet diaper, but no #2.  I change her and nurse her, wrapping up around 6am ... she seems sleepy, so I decide to put her back down.

6:00am - 6:15am:  Attempt to go back to sleep myself and finally realize it's not going to happen.

6:15am - 7:30am:  Shower, dry my hair, respond to a few e-mails that keep getting lost in the shuffle, eat breakfast, and enjoy the first few sips of coffee.

7:30am:  Check on Anna and find her in a semi-sleep state and wake her up for the day.  Apparently she was multi-tasking during her "nap" and I find the poopy diaper I expected earlier.  I'm not sure how she's so adorable even when changing a #2, but she smiles away and we start off our day with a few songs and an extra dose of cute.

7:30am:  Feed Anna while watching a bit of The Today Show and then realize this is a prime opportunity to catch up on last night's Glee.  Dad comes to visit in the middle of feeding and we have "family time" for a few minutes and he rolls his eyes when he sees what I'm watching.

8:00am - 9:30am:  Tummy time, a review of last night's purchases at BRU (you know, in case she takes issue with anything I bought), jumping, and "playing" with Milo.  I also sneak in a quick vacuum of the stairs while Anna helps Mike in the study ... the stairs seem to pick up more dirt than anywhere else in the house and they drive me crazy. 

9:30am - 10:00am:  Feed and Mom wraps up Glee ... I love that show soooooo much.

10:00am - 12:45pm:  Anna naps, Mom disinfects and washes new bottles, applies Anna's name decals to the new bottles, blog, tidy the bedroom (I ALWAYS make the bed, for some reason it makes me feel good even if the rest of my day is horrible), and make a Target list in case we're able to stop by later.  Fold sheets that have been in the dryer since Sunday, start a load of Anna's clothing and then whites (whites are my least favorite load of laundry to fold, so I always start them first).  Bake cookies for Miss Sara, Anna's Gymboree "teacher" since it's our last class, pat myself on the back for thinking ahead and making a jar of dry ingredients for the next time the cookie-baking-itch needs to be scratched.  Straighten my hair, apply a little make-up, eat lunch (a salad and a few pita chips and hummus ... oh, and 2 cookies while I was baking).  I should have worked out, but I had already showered and that seemed like reason enough not to ...




12:45pm - 1:30pm:  Sing songs while diapering and dressing Anna for the day.  Feed.  Pack up for Gymboree class, our last class until she's able to move to Level 2 ... we've LOVED Gymboree class. 

1:30pm - 4:00pm:  Travel to Gymboree class, attend class from 2pm-3pm, grab a couple of pictures with Miss Sara.  Target is on the way home, so we head in for a few items ... the cats need food and Diet Coke is on sale.  Plus I have a $2 Target coupon on Pampers (expiring soon) that I can combine with a $1.50 manufacturer coupon AND Pampers are on sale ... I've become a little bit of a couponer while on leave, especially when it comes to diapers.  It started POURING while we were in the store, so that made for an interesting run to the car.


Sadly, the best picture I got ... Anna was ALL smiles and giggles
during class and she must have worn herself plum out!

4:00pm:  Feed and wind down from an afternoon out.  I almost finish up Parenthood from last night (geez, I sound like a TV junkie, but I really on watch while we're feeding, and I told myself I'd be totally honest during these posts) and Mike gets home right as we're wrapping up.

4:45pm - 5:45pm:  Playtime and I put away Anna's laundry, including a new batch of summer clothes for the "too small bin."  Mike popped in and we had fun looking through some of her newborn outfits ... 4 months has FLOWN by.


Playtime = pure excitement!!

5:45pm - 6:00pm:  Bathtime!

6:00pm - 6:12pm:  Someone is fussy and I think it's time to eat and hit the hay, but Dad insists it's not ... he and Anna play for exactly 12 minutes before he admits I was right.

6:12pm - 6:55pm:  Feeding, burping, and down for the night.

7:00pm:  Try a new recipe, Shrimp & Grits from Southern Living (recipe to be posted), with Mike's help in preparation and clean-up.

Yummmm!!
8:00pm:  Blog, wind down with a glass of wine and watch a little TV with Mike.  I'll likely doze off on the couch within 45 minutes.  Gigi (my Mom) is up tomorrow and I'm excited to run a few errands sans child ... not excited that one of them is taking my car to have a slow leak in one of the tires repaired.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I see that your brain works in overdrive too. All your thinking ahead and planning really hit home. Question, did you have to jot down notes to remember what you did or is your mind really that fresh that you can remember all the little details? Question, does Anna eat every 2 hours?!

Jen said...

Danielle - I did a lot of "daytime blogging" yesterday ... I kind of mapped out what I knew the day would look like when I had the hour in the morning (which I usually don't have) and jotted down my morning while the cookies were baking ... I've learned from experience that if I do anything too involved while baking that I have nothing to show for my effort : )


On average Anna eats every 2 - 3 hours during the day. Her morning span is pretty consistent at wanting to eat again 2 hours after she gets up and usually goes 3 hours during the day after that. I think she might be going through a little bit of a growth spurt this week because she's taking her last feeding a little earlier than usual. I know that most babies are a little more spread out by this time, but considering she sleeps for 2-3 hours in the morning and 12 hours straight at night, I'm not concerned and it works for us. I have a feeling that being in daycare may add an afternoon nap and a daytime feeding since she takes a bottle so much faster and will be more stimulated ... we'll see ...

Sperrrrrrbs said...

I love that you put your "least favorite" thing to fold is whites. So what is your "most favorite" thing to fold? I hadn't ever thought about laundry with a ranking system ;)
Love these updates and of course all the picks of Miss Anna.