Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Week in the Life: Tuesday

-- 6:00am:  Hear Anna stirring because Milo is outside the door whining for his breakfast ... pray that he doesn't totally wake Anna up and that I can get another hour of sleep ... for some reason I had trouble falling to sleep last night.

-- 7:25am:  Wake-up startled and shocked that it's almost 7:30 ... wake Anna up for the day while we sing songs and play for a few minutes.  Anna feeds while I watch The Today Show.

-- 8:15am - 9:00am:  Send Dad a "good morning" picture from his girls, tidy up the kitchen, breakfast for Mom, chop celery and strawberries that were forgotten on Monday (I usually chop everything when we get home from the grocery, but again, that Sunday funk has me off a little for the week).  Make a grocery list for a quick stop.  Sing songs and tummy time for a few minutes.

-- 9:00am - 10:00am:  Quick trip to the grocery where Anna is admired by the butcher, the Frito-Lay stocker, and the cashier ... it's hard being so cute!  On the way home we drop off a pair of pants to be hemmed.  I bought a few new pieces of clothing for work over the weekend and I totally feel like I'm getting ready for my first day of school ... got a haircut as well and planning on a mani/pedi next week.

-- 10:00am:  Diaper change and feeding.

-- 10:30am:  Anna goes down for her nap.

-- 10:30am - 1:15pm:  Blog, fight with camera trying to download pictures, make dinner for tonight (Mexican Lasagna, recipe to be posted), spend 30 minutes on the phone ordering a bridesmaid dress for my brother's wedding, fiddle with the curtains I hung last night, vacuum living room, dining room and stairs, general house tidying.  (I'm starting to realize there's a lot of tidying in my day, ha)

-- 1:15pm:  Sing songs while changing Anna's diaper and getting her dressed for the day.  Feed and play.

-- 2:00pm - 4:00pm:  Walk on the Loveland Bike Trail with Megan (Jen's friend) and Cameron "Cam" (Anna's friend) and browse the weekly Farmer's Market afterwards.  Head to the pediatrician's office to pick up the daycare paperwork, Anna takes a short nap in the car.

Flowers from the Farmer's Market ... a cheery addition to the kitchen.
-- 4:00pm - 6:15pm:  Play at home, greet Dad after being gone for a night, practice sitting up in the Boppy, Jump, read nursery rhymes, and pet the cats.

-- 6:15pm:  The fussies set in and we change for bed and feed.  Dinner goes in the oven.

-- 6:55pm:  She's out cold and Mom feels good knowing that all is right with the world after watching the evening news.  Transfer to the crib is sucessful!

-- 7:00pm:  Mike and I enjoy dinner, pausing to capture my plate on camera for blog posting at a later date.

-- 7:45pm:  Jen heads to BRU for daycare supplies (extra sleep sacks and crib sheets) and to stock up on diapers ($25 gift card with the purchase of diapers and wipes) ... it's amazing what a solitary drive and shopping trip will do for the soul.

-- 9:00pm:  Back home, fight with camera a bit more, blog and settle in to watch a little TV and pump before bed.  Tomorrow is Gymboree, so I need to remember to pack socks, a blanket and "Gymbo" for class.

Being generally cute while Mom changed clothes for our walk yesterday.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Man, I am worn out just reading that. Now I feel way less productive.
And by the way, what are you doing WAKING up that precious baby? Don't you know you never wake a sleeping baby?!

Danielle said...

All in a day's work! I'm in awe over the nap though. Seriously?! Sawyer has decided naps are for babies and refuses them all together. Nice.

Ms. Thomas said...

Look at how proud she is of finding her feet!!! There's no way I could let that thing sleep when it's this cute awake!

Also, I'll marry you any day.