Sunday, August 8, 2010

May Days

May is always an exciting month around the Kelly household; this year I celebrated 4 years in remission on the 15th, Mike and I celebrated one year of marriage on the 23rd and I turned 31 on the 28th. For the first time in 3 years we didn't have a destination wedding or planned vacation coming up, so we took matters into our own hands and went to Naples, FL to celebrate all of the above.

We had both vacationed in Florida on several occasions, but never Naples, and chose our destination by process of elimination based on hotel deals and flight times. We loved everything about the trip ... direct flights from Cincinnati to Fort Myers made travel quick, a rental car allowed us to explore and get around as we pleased, our hotel was awesome and we loved, loved, loved the area. And, did I mention that my birthday present from Mike was a spa morning including a massage and facial?
n
Views from our room and out and about on the property:


The heart of downtown Naples stretches about 10 city blocks in total and is filled with fantastic cafes and shopping. Our hotel was within walking distance and we loved stopping for breakfasts, quick snacks and desserts:


The food was by far one of the highlights of our trip, and to boot we found a hole-in-the-wall-namesake:


Day trip to Marco Island, about 20 miles from Naples and simply beautiful:

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Ok, you and I are going to have to plan a trip together with all of our similar interests! The only thing is, I'm not sure which one of us would be willing to relinquish the planning rights!

Anonymous said...

Here's to fresh starts! BTW, I hope I am one of those five readers. I may not comment, but I am a faithful reader. :)

Megan

Ms. Thomas said...

Jen, you look so good! I never really knew what a sight for sore eyes was until that day at the airport... AND you smelled good!

Anyway, just impressed by how gorgeous you look and had to give you props!