Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Marriage Moments: Annual Boys Trip

Mike and his college buddies take a trip each year, the goal being to visit each of the Major League Baseball parks. For my ski trip peeps, it's kind like that, complete with a yearly t-shirt. They even have a web-site and twitter feed. The trip will be in it's 10th year next summer and although participation ebbs and flows with marriages, kids and busy lives, they always have a great time and are always "over-served" in the cities they visit.

Baseball Bender IX was held this past weekend in Seattle. Mike and I realized a long time ago that trying to have meaningful conversations while on a trip without each other is hard and we don't sweat it if we aren't able to have long chats while away with friends. We generally talk before the other person leaves, when they arrive and then as we can the rest of the time. Text messages and voicemails prevail for the most part. And, we both learned a long time ago that our fingers get loose as the alcohol flows ...

Voicemail message from Mike very early Sunday morning:

"Hey ..."

"Yeah, just wanted to let you know we're at a bar in Seattle. I guess you already knew about the Seattle part ,, and you probably guessed the bar part."

"Well, I've played Lionel Richie's 'Dancing on the Ceiling' about 3 times now and everyone here loves it!"

"So ,, yeah ,, I'm basically the most popular person in here right now ..."

I just chuckled to myself, hoping the other patrons were having "as much fun" as he was ... don't get me wrong, I love some 80s tunes, but you'd have to be in a special mindset to truly enjoy that song on repeat.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is hysterical. You look fantastic and I love the new blog!