Monday, April 11, 2011

What's Cookin': Springtime Ladies Lunch

My aunt and cousin came up to Cincinnati on Sunday for a visit and we had a great day!  Probably wise they came up when I'm able to get a shower in, wear "real people" clothing and won't have spit-up or poop on myself : )  We enjoyed a "ladies lunch" (well, Mike was there, but he'll eat pretty much anything I make) and then pampered ourselves with manicures and pedicures ... all in all, a pretty wonderful day, and the sun shining topped it off as one for the record books. 

Lunch was truly a work from my blog obsessions.  We had my Impossible Quiche, Annie's Strawberry Spinach  Salad and Danielle's Honey Beer Bread.  The beer bread was a last minute addition as I had a few extra minutes before the guests arrived ... and let me tell you that it is heavenly!  Alone or with a little bit of butter, I seriously could eat an entire loaf in one sitting ... I can't even begin to imagine it as a grilled cheese.  And don't get me started on the salad.  The dressing alone is amazing, and no oil and very little sodium!  I used white wine vinegar as I couldn't find champagne vinegar at the store and also added some crumbled goat cheese ... yummm!!  The best is that I'm enjoyed leftovers for lunch this week : )  Sadly, no pictures, I was too busy gabbing, plus, there are pretty good ones on the original sites.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Jen, are you pregnant by chance? Lol. ;)