Saturday, November 13, 2010

World Premiere

During October we were out of town several weekends in a row ... it was tiring, but all for a great reason. We wanted to invite our parents to the "Event of 2011" happening in Cincinnati next May:
n


That's right, I have a bun in the oven and we are thrilled!

We found out just as I had returned from my girl's trip to San Francisco and the longest three and a half weeks of my life occurred between then and my first OB appointment. Luckily everything looked great during the visit, but they wanted to take a peek at Baby Kelly before I headed across the pond to London ... fine by me if it meant to get to see our little peanut earlier than usual. Seeing the little gummy bear below was just amazing and hearing the heartbeat put us both over the edge.

We had decided to wait to tell our parents until after my first appointment and were lucky enough to do so in person. Needless to say, they are thrilled as well. The rouse that we were giving them tickets to show in Cincinnati provided quite the double-takes ("who is Baby Kelly? is that a new artist?"), which added to the level of surprise and was perfect.

First Photo - Baby Kelly at 9 weeks

I went for my second OB appointment this past week and again all of my labs looked great. Baby Kelly, however decided not to be cooperative when the doctor went to hear the heartbeat. Although the doctor wasn't worried, he knew I would be and ordered an ultrasound. Again, it was amazing to see the little fig bouncing around the heartbeat was music to my ears.

Baby Kelly at 12 weeks

Unless Baby Kelly is uncooperative at my next appointment, we won't see our little peanut again until early January when I'm about 18 -20 weeks. Speaking of weeks, I'm 12 weeks today and after the measurements from the first scan, my due date was moved up a few days to May 28, aka my birthday. I know that only a small percent of babies are born on their due date, but for now it's fun to have a birthday buddy : ) And, so help Mike for the next 60 or so years in the month of May as our anniversary is the 23rd ... I figure that makes it easy to remember, right?

6 comments:

big Rhonda said...

YAY!!!!! congratulations!!!!!

Megan said...

I am over the moon thrilled for you both. I love how many names you have come up with for your little "fig". That's great! Love how you broke the news to the folks. CONGRATS!

Lisa said...

I'm so excited for you all!!!!! Kate was born on her due date btw.

Philip Deskins said...

Sorry I missed your call, as I was in Danville and the cell tower situation is a little shifty, but I am extremely happy for you two and I can't wait to meet him/her!

Danielle said...

Oh my goodness!! I'm so happy for both of you! How exciting. I love the ticket, what a great way to make the big announcement. Keep us posted along your journey and if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. You and Kara are in it together - that will be great!

Ms. Thomas said...

Hooray! I get to be an Auntie again! If Milo & Daisy get sibling rivalry too bad, Camp Kitty is open for business.

Can I go ahead and say baby girl, 6lbs. 5 oz., 21" long, born on May 31 at 2:19pm?