Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A boy and his birds

I'm taking a much needed vacation day today as we are heading to Pittsburgh early this afternoon ... and, I just love having a few hours to get a few things done around the house. I finally found some valences to hang in the kitchen, breakfast nook and family room to complete the room and had Sherwin Williams make a custom paint color to touch up a few patches we'd made to the walls (who knew they could make a custom color, btw?? and they did it for free). Anywho, I was removing the old curtain rods and attempting to hang new ones when the kittens started going crazy. They love looking out the windows and it's an added bonus when they see a bird or a rabbit or a deer (no joke, we have deer in our yard regularly) ... but today put them into kitty heaven ... a flock of no fewer than 100 birds were in and out of the yard all morning, collecting pieces of dried grass, twigs and berries. It was a constant cycle of flocking in and out and Milo and Daisy just sat there in awe ... I wouldn't be surprised if we came home on Saturday evening to them sitting in the same spots.


Happy Thanksgiving!!
I have so much to be thankful this year and can't wait to share the holiday with my wonderful family!!

0 comments: