Sunday, November 21, 2010

Baby Kelly as an Appetizer Platter

Other than a few books I have at home, I get most of my information related to the pregnancy from BabyCenter.com as they have a great weekly e-mail newsletter and easy-to-find quick answers to random questions. One of the features I love the most is their comparison of the baby's size to common food items ... hence the many nicknames I've called Baby Kelly. We've graduated from a poppy seed to a lime in a matter of 10 weeks, something I find absolutely amazing.




I'm officially in my last week of the first trimester and feeling pretty good. I dodged any major morning sickness and my fingers are crossed that sticks for the next 27 weeks. I dealt with a lot of fatigue and some afternoon nausea, but nothing unbearable. I've been fighting a cold/cough for about 4 weeks now and hope the meds my doctor gave me this past week kick it for good.
n
I can't believe I'm already a third of the way there!
** All photos are from BabyCenter.com **

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Very exciting! Have you been maternity clothes shopping yet? I highly recommend the Bella Band for before, during, and after maternity clothes.

Megan said...

Lisa, I totally informed Jen about the Bella Band and gave credit where it was due by telling her you suggested it to me. That was the best pregnancy advice I got the entire 9 months.

Jen said...

I haven't been formally shopping yet, but I did purchase three Bella Bands last weekend to help with pants that were a little snug before Baby Kelly ... love them so far!

Ms. Thomas said...

Last night Leiah was sitting next to me on the couch when her baby decided to swim over to the right side. It was a giant freaky bulge just on that one side and stuck out so far you could rest a dinner plate on it.

That's not really advice as much as it is information to prepare you for weirdness when Baby Kelly is the size of a cantalope.