Sunday, September 19, 2010

What's Cookin': Eggs in a Basket

My childhood friend Mandy and I were masters of adventure in her backyard. And her Mom was a master of wow'ing me with her culinary skills. I had forgotten about one of my favorite childhood meals until a few months ago when we were thinking through a weekend breakfast and were low on eggs. Although rather elementary, the premise is quick, simple and delicious!

Eggs in a Basket (per egg)

1 egg / 1 slice bread / butter spray / S&P to taste

Heat a skillet coated with butter spray. Using a biscuit cutter or glass, cut a hole in a slice of bread. Place the "basket" and the reserved "nest topper" in the skillet and allow to toast for a minute or two. Add the egg to the "basket" and flip when it reaches your liking.


Mike and I prefer our eggs over easy and the "nest topper" is the perfect vehicle to soak up the runny yolk.

0 comments: