Thursday, September 2, 2010

Match Point

Cincinnati hosts a Master's and Women's Open Tennis Tournament each August. I had known it existed, but never really knew what the fuss was about until I attended as part of a small work outing this year. Let me tell you what the fuss is about ... it's about seeing awesome, and very attractive, men playing tennis.

First we saw Mardy Fish beat Andy Murray in the longest match ever
(our box seats were amazing, four rows from the court)

Then we saw Andy Roddick beat Novak Djokovic
(Brooklyn Decker was at the Tourney supporting him the day before, but no sighting when we were there)
I was amazed at the serve power ... see the 132 in the lower right corner, that's MPH ...


And, then, the highlight of my day ... Roger Federer beat Nikolay Davydenko:


He is soooooo dreamy ... I just loved his outfit, he barely broke a sweat ...


Let's not forget we're still in Ohio, Mason to be exact. This guy came dressed as Vin Diesel for the day:


The icing on a wonderful day away from the office was dinner. Although we'd been out in the heat all day, a girl has to eat, so my co-workers and I stopped by a local restaurant for dinner in their bar area. We heard when we arrived that it was a popular place for the tennis pros to dine after matches, but didn't think we'd be lucky enough to have a personal spotting. Sure enough, as we were finishing up, in walks Roger and his entourage. Needless to say, we ordered another bottle of wine, oggled from afar and waited for him to leave to afford us another sighting. ** Sigh ** All in a day's work ...

1 comments:

Ms. Thomas said...

I was wondering where all the awesome gorgeous men were. Thank god you found them!

I also love Roger Federer. I never knew who he was until last summer when my mom and I watched old Wimbledon matches. Yummy.