Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Growin' like a weed (again!): Month one

I can't believe it's time to start this series again!  It's hard to believe that less than a year ago I was snapping Anna's last picture and here I am snapping Charlotte's first ... totally crazy!  We're using the same bear, but a new blanket; Anna's blanket was made for her by my very talented Aunt Carol and it only seemed fitting that Charlotte should also use her Aunt Carol custom creation.  I can't wait to watch Charlotte grow, will she be a string bean like her sister, or will she prove that she's really by daughter my chunking up a little faster?  Only time will tell!

Without further delay, here are Charlotte's first month "stats":
   - 8 lbs, 10 oz, gaining 2 lb, 1 oz since birth, 10 - 25th percentile  (9 oz more than Anna at one month)
   - 21 inches, growing 1 1/4 inches since birth, 10 - 25th percentile (1/2 inch "taller" than Anna at one month)

As a nursing mother, it makes me very happy and proud to see that she's growing so well, and at what feels like lightening speed!


The picture above is the "official" picture for the first month, but I also loved these outtakes, Charlotte has clearly spent too much time with her Dad who has taught her all about showing off her "guns" : ) Work it baby!


I couldn't help but do a side-by-side of the two girls, although I forgot to shoot in portrait this month, I did size it so that the bear is roughly the same size for an easier comparison.


And, not to be outdone ... the day after Charlotte's "shoot" I was reviewing pictures on the camera as Anna looked over my shoulder and identified the subject of each one ... pretty easy when the options are "Anna",  "Baby Char" or "Anna AND Baby Char" : )  It just so happened that she'd been playing with "white bear" that afternoon and shortly after I'd put the camera down she positioned the bear next to herself and laid down for a picture, I almost died!  And then she did it again yesterday.  What a smart and silly girl, she makes me grin from ear to ear!


3 comments:

Megan said...

OMG, they look so different! Hooray for fair skin. ;)

Carol Mc said...

Love the pics. Especially the one of Anna getting her picture made with bear and grinning!

Danielle said...

Love Anna's vie for attention! I love seeing comparison shots, so keep 'em coming! And how in the world you got Charlotte to stretch out that much and be still is beyond me!