Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sugar and spice and everything nice


We took the plunge and found out the gender of our sweet baby #2 ... it's a GIRL!
Although I'd said the decision would be Mike's given that the ultrasound appointment fell on his birthday, he's a wise man and made sure it was we were both on board : )  We went back and forth countless times, but ultimately decided we'd see how the other half live this time around.  Buuuuut, what I didn't want was  this special moment to be shared with my pants pulled down to my hips in a doctor's office, with basically a stranger in the room.  So we asked the ultrasound tech if she's write the gender on a piece of paper and seal it in an envelope and luckily she was happy to oblige.  The appointment was at 11am and we both had to finish-up our workdays before going back home and picking Anna up from school.  I love to hate surprises, I love them, but am always trying to figure it out, so I thought I'd be resisting the temptation to peak all afternoon.  Luckily I had work to get done, birthday presents to wrap, and a birthday meal to partially prepare before Mike arrived home, not to mention the guilt factor. 

All we wanted to hear was that the baby was healthy and growing on schedule; and that's exactly what the doctor confirmed.  The icing on the cake was finding out the gender.  Neither of us had any premonition as to if we'd be seeing more pink or maybe blue this time around, but I was leaning toward another girl given that I'd head headaches (not migraines, though) with Anna and otherwise the pregnancies were very similar to date.  As we opened the envelope we both confirmed we'd be happy either way, but needless to say, we're thrilled!  The tech had even included a picture with "proof."  Given that our two girls will be less than two years apart, we're even more excited.  Anna is such a sweet, caring, and gentle-natured soul I know she'll be a great big sister regardless. 

So, bring on the estrogen, I'm stocking the wine cellar for the teenage years and we're increasing the monthly transfers to savings seeing as how we now have two wedding to pay for one of these days ... or therapy for Mike after living most of a lifetime with three women : )


The envelope, two possible signs and the ultrasound pictures that didn't reveal the gender.

I thought I'd be able to get an adorable picture with Anna holding up the sign ... I forgot I was dealing with a 17-month old ... I glued the print out to a piece of card stock and it was peeling a little, so she thought it was a sticker and spent 10 minutes trying to pull it apart : )

It's a GIRL!!!
.......

So, sorry, Danielle, my loyal reader and commenter (and only reader to take a guess at the gender), you were wrong ... again ... maybe the third time will be the charm if we get crazy and sign up for this rodeo again : )

4 comments:

Carrie Drake said...

yay! I'm so glad you found out! Sisters are wonderful (both biological and sorority) ;-) congratulations!

Megan said...

Congrats on a healthy, growing baby girl! Looks like your laundry will be full of sparkles and glitter, too! HA
Maybe Jeremy and Mike can commiserate together. ;)

Danielle said...

Yay! Congratulations! I'm so glad you found out and that you're having a girl! Dang it though, I'm going to either quit guessing or I'm going to guess the opposite of whatever I think (:

Look out drama!

Kristen R Hord said...

So fun!!! I keep thinking the same thing for when it's our #2 time.....if it's around the same time...I'd prefer another boy as to share the clothes! hahaha

So happy for you guys!