Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Assembly not required

On her actual birthday, as we were playing amonst her new toys, I saw the box that housed her new push-car and thought, "it can't be *that* hard to assemble, right??" and off I went opening the box with high hopes of pushing her around the cul-de-sac in a matter of minutes.  Clearly I was high on sugar from leftover cake, because, HELLO, have you tried to assemble a child's toy lately?  You need an advanced degree from MIT, an undergrad from Harvard, and the ability to decipher English written by someone that speaks it as a third or fourth language.  There were waaaayyyyy too many steps for my ADD brain that was also trying to keep an almost-toddler out of trouble.  So we decided to save the actual assembling for Dad, but I'm proud to say I did place all stickers on the car by myself.  All this said ... sometimes toys are just as fun UN-assembled as they are put together : )


1 comments:

Megan said...

I got brave one day when Iris was a baby and assembled her exersaucer by myself. However, I was too afraid to put her in it until daddy did a thorough inspection. Turns out, it pays off being from a family of mechanics.
And from the looks of it, Anna has a two in one toy there. A seesaw and a push car. Score!