Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Gettin' back to business

I hadn't planned on taking a break from blogging, but life had other plans, apparently.  I'm learning very quickly to never make plans : )  You may remember from reading here what a wonderfully fun and action-packed May we had lined up.  The highlight for me had to be the three days where we had Anna's party, Mother's Day and Anna's actual birthday back-to-back.  Boy did we celebrate!  Then came the wedding, which was perfect and wonderful and made me teary-eyed.  But then came a stomach bug that had me down for almost a week.  I'm still not sure what it was, but it reminded me an awful lot of the parasite I had two years ago.  So much for the three days of fun with my little girl before vacation, rather it was three days of being sick while she was an angel, played quietly and tried to heal me with hugs and smiles.  Regardless, we had a great time on our trip to Florida and Anna had an even better time with her Gigi back home.  I think it's safe to say she was spoiled to the max!  So, it's back to business as usual and we don't have any big plans for the next few weekends.  I can't wait to share all of our recent fun with you!

And, you may notice the new blog design.  We like to shake things up every now and then around here.  I'd been contemplating a re-design for a while, but was too cheap to pay the $100-$200 some shops will charge for a custom design.  I happened to be browsing at Designer Blogs a bit ago and found a $10 template that I loved.  Check them out if you're in the market for a little sprucin' up yourself : )



See, life gets even the cutest of us ... It's all fun, games, flowers and sunshine until life throws you a curve ball and you have to take a #2 in the yard during your impromptu photo shoot on a Friday afternoon : )
(and yes, I realize Anna will HATE me when she's old enough to see this post and picture ... isn't that what being a Mom is all about??)


1 comments:

Danielle said...

That last picture cracks me up! I actually read your words before looking at the picture (for once) and about burst out laughing (:

Happy belated Birthday! I thought of you on your actual birthday, so maybe that counts for something (: I hope you weren't sick on your birthday! I'm glad you're over whatever it was now and hopefully everyone else was spared!