Saturday, April 7, 2012

Goin' to the chapel (Part 1)

It's wedding season for the Millers!  I'll be gaining a sister in just a little over a month and I couldn't be more thrilled!  Although I miss planning my own wedding and have been living vicariously through the bride and groom-to-be's diligent attention to detail, I'm loving that my role this time around is simply that of a party planner.  Thanks so the Greentree Tearoom (you MUST visit here if you haven't), my friend Amber's wonderful inspiration, Martha Stewart's crafty ideas, and a little work of my own, my Mom and I hosted an elegant shower on a beautiful day in Lexington last weekend.  Next up, one rip roarin' good time at the bachelorette party and then the big walk down the aisle on May 19!

The amazing mood board a la Amber

Getting crafty ...

The finished product.

Just call me Jen Stewart, long lost sister of Martha : )

Beautiful place setting

Getting showered with gifts galore

The hot brownette, one of several courses of utter deliciousness!

Lovely ladies!
(mental note - stop standing sideways in pictures, ha)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Very beautiful Jen! You and Amber need to start a business.

Ms. Thomas said...

I LOVE A PARTY! Way to channel your inner Martha (and I love the glass of wine to loosen up the creative juices)! This looks like such a great shower. I'll always cherish that afternoon you gave us there before your wedding. What a special place.