Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Running Fool: Nashville Women's Half Marathon

After returning from a wonderful weekend with my gal pals in San Francisco and enjoying a few days at home, I trekked to Nashville and ran my fifth long-distance run and fourth half marathon (13.1 miles) since 2008, the Women's Half Marathon. My friend Whitney and I decided we'd both run in the early summer and kept each other motivated to train from afar as she lives in Music City.

We had perfect weather and the course was interesting ... a bit hillier than I anticipated and with hills at miles 11 and 12 (who does that when planning?!?!). The medal is by far the neatest of the five I've earned ... the pendant in the middle is removable and can be put on a separate chain. We started the weekend with dinner with an old college friend and a comedy show with Chelsea Handler (hilarious and I highly recommend!). So, if running 13.1 miles means I get to have this much fun around the race, sign me up for another : )

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Jen you're my hero!

Danielle said...

Congrats again for finishing. Hills right at the end? I would have been crawling!

Ms. Thomas said...

I am in awe of all the running you do. You're awesome.