Thursday, October 14, 2010

New Ride

Well, we've done and gone totally suburban now, y'all ... we traded in Mike's 2005 Chevy (complete with 228,519 miles, and no that is not a typo) and purchased a 2010 Ford Edge this past weekend. I am in love!! I love the four doors and sitting up higher and the amenities like auto-connect Bluetooth, heated seats and a panoramic sunroof don't hurt either. I never thought I'd drive an American car, but thanks to Toyota's little brake snafu earlier this year, my eyes were opened. Mike is now driving the Solara, which with only 77,000 miles on it is like a new car for him as well.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Well, that looks like a "family car".
Poor Mike, so you put him in the death trap. :)

Danielle said...

I like it! Even with Toyota's blunder, I still don't think I could ever go American. I just like my foreigners I guess (: I do really like the look of this one though!

Jen said...

I will say that Ford is the only American car I was willing to consider as they were the only American company that didn't ask for a bailout ...

Lisa said...

Good point Jen, although I still like Toyota too. I've just had really good experiences with them. As soon as I finish nursing school we're taking the plunge into a minivan. Can't wait!

Ms. Thomas said...

I was a Ford hater until our last visit to LA when we rented a Ford Focus. That car was shockingly fun to drive. So roomy and zippy. If only it was electric...