Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Five going on (what feels like) fifteen

Anna starts kindergarten this week and I'm partially in denial and partially just praying I'm not in labor so that I can see her off on her first day. I picked her up early last Friday and we had a special Mommy / Anna afternoon that consisted of lunch at her fave (Frisch's), a manicure, and a new movie at home. I know she's ready for school, but the thought of her riding a bus by herself, being somewhere for half a day where I don't get a daily report, and navigating the big world that's out there has me a little freaked out. And I don't think I can blame it all on pregnancy hormones. Luckily, Anna has yet to disappoint me in her enthusiastic reaction to all new life changes, and I know she's ready for this new challenge! Oh the places you'll go little lady! 



Ready for the meet and greet with her teacher ; I may have called my Mom bawling half hour before this picture was taken (and before Anna was home) ... 

0 comments: