Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Oh the places you'll go (and it all starts with Kindergarten)

"You're off to great places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting, 
So ... get on your way!"

She was SO excited for her first day of Kindergarten and got on the bus with no hesitation whatsoever! I still can't believe we have a Kindergartener! 

Her sign reads: 
Anna's first day of Kindergarten
I am 5 years old
My teacher is Miss Eldred
When I grow up I want to be: an animal doctor and police officer




Charlotte had to be in the middle of everything and was CONVINCED she was also starting kindergarten and would be riding the bus with Anna. She did somewhat OK, but told us many times "I don't want to ride in a car, I want a bus ride! ... I want a back pack too, a big one like Anna ... I'm a big girl going to kindergarten!" 




She had a great day! I met her at the daycare / preschool she'll go to most days for an afternoon Kindergarten enrichment program and she was all smiles as she got off the bus. She said she found her room with a little assistance, was assigned a cubby, went to the bathroom with her class (I made her practice going in the stall and locking and unlocking the door on her preview day), did some activities, enjoyed recess, and made a new friend, Phoebe. She rode the bus back to her other school with three other kids, including a new student, Lily, who she hugged before leaving. We had a great afternoon that included lunch, picking up cupcakes, and a movie at home.

While we were waiting for our table at lunch I was telling Anna how proud I am of her and how she's so brave and smart and getting so big and that sometimes I get sad because I wish she was still little. She leaned in and gave me a big hug and said "but you can be happy too because of all of that." And I am little big girl, I am! Oh the places you'll go!

1 comments:

Ms. Thomas said...

How in the... I'm gonna stop right there and go get botox or something because clearly I am almost 1,000 years old if this infant is now in kindergarten. What a cute pic of Mike with his girls!