Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Thirty seven feels like heaven

OK, not literally, but it's really hard to find something that rhymes with thirty-seven : )

We travelled home from vacation in Florida on my actual birthday this year, but Mike had the foresight (as prodded by me) to already have my traditional Baskin Robbins ice cream cake on hand to celebrate when we returned home. To me age is just a number and every birthday I celebrate is amazing and a true gift. Although at 27 weeks pregnant this year, I did feel every bit of my 37 years as I waddled through two airports with two tired kids in tow.

Charlotte, however, took my birthday pretty hard, as depicted below. We've got a VERY dramatic three year old on our hands and most of the time all we can do is laugh, and that's obviously what we did here. I don't remember exactly what set off this round of tears ... could have been that it wasn't her birthday, that we weren't singing to her, that we wouldn't let her play with fire, that I wasn't holding her, that she didn't get her preferred stool, that Mike suggested she smile at the camera ... you get the idea. Whatever it was, we all (minus Charlotte) had many good laughs as we scrolled through this series of pictures later that evening and the next day.

All that matters is that I'm alive to celebrate and was able to spend my birthday weekend on vacation and / or with those I love the most. Cheers to what I know will be an eventful year ahead!




0 comments: