Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Maternity moments: the clothing

(Catching up via phone while Mike is out of town)

Me: So, I'm laying in bed with a tank top dotted in bacon grease splatters because we had breakfast for dinner and I didn't have time to change while monitoring "no pants I don't want to sit on the potty" Charlotte.

Mike: Man, you're not going to be able to give any of your maternity clothing away, you keep spilling on everything.

Me: #1 - you need to watch it buddy, those are fighting words to a pregnant lady, we can't help the spillage! #2 - there was no plan to give any away because I already have plans to burn them ALL in a bonfire as soon as this baby is born.

Needless to say, I am SO over maternity clothing. I'm wearing mostly dresses lately because the thought of capris or shorts makes my skin want to crawl. And, I'm cherishing the time I can wear dresses before my year of transformer-style bras and no-dress-wearing starts along with nursing. I will say that maternity wear has gotten cuter over the years, but it's still nothing any woman actually wants to wear when she's in the throws of feeling like a literal whale.

PS - I do have a fairly robust selection of maternity clothing covering most seasons, mostly in size Medium, if you know anyone that could use them; free of charge along with a good riddance from me : )

0 comments: