Monday, January 26, 2015

Sunday funday

Mike and I both grew up going to church and it's something that is important to us and our family now ... but it's HARD with two half-pints in tow. Just getting everyone dressed and out of the house is a challenge most days, much less wrangling (begging!!) them to sit relatively still for an hour. Most sermons are spent in the restroom with Anna, and if not there, definitely in the cry-area where we listen through a speaker and watch through the glass window. But we go. We sing, we listen, we respond, we commune, we pass the peace, and we hope that the girls understand just a little bit of why. It's not only what we believe, it's what we want for our family.

All of that said, this article really spoke to me when I saw it come through a news feed last week, even though it was published over a year ago. It gave me faith that we're building the right kind of faith foundation in our children, slowly but surely, and the same one that was started for us by our parents.

This year we signed Anna up for Sunday School and I signed up to be an assistant teacher in her class, because, let's face it, I'd probably be in there with her anyway. We have at least 15 kids each Sunday and sometimes up to 20. They are eager to learn, to share, to be involved. It's been a real treat to see Jesus through their eyes and in a way it's brought me closer to God in a time of my life when I don't always dedicate enough to him.

"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14

0 comments: