Sunday, March 3, 2013

Baby Bump: 39 weeks

I'm officially 39 weeks pregnant today, a week "more pregnant" than I was with Anna.  I'm still being watched for pre-eclampsia and had a non stress test, blood work and check-up the past two Fridays.  As of last Friday everything looked good as far as the baby's heart rate and swelling were concerned, but my blood pressure was elevated and a few counts were still "off" according to the labs.  After discussing with my doctor, we decided it was best to schedule an induction for this week to ensure the baby continued to stay safe ... sooooo, I have an appointment at the hospital for 4pm tomorrow, Monday, to start the process, but we'll likely not meet our little girl until Tuesday.

I was off work last week and can honestly say that we feel as ready as we're going to be to make our family of three into a family of four.  I've cooked and cleaned and done laundry, painted trim and even saw a movie.  We've had tons of fun with Anna, our bags are packed, and lists are made.  All this said, the one thing I know I'll never be prepared for is for my heart to double in size.  I've gotten fairly emotional over the past week just thinking of the joy this baby will bring to our lives and I can't even begin to fathom what it will feel like to fall in love all over again.  I'm a little nervous, but mostly excited and counting down the hours.  If we're friends on Facebook, you'll probably see that announcement first, but I'll be sure to post additional details here as soon as we're home and settled ... I may even get crazy and attempt to post a few pictures via my Blogger app : )

No comparison this week ... last pregnancy picture!  
The moment my heart first melted upon meeting Anna ... can't wait to do it all over again!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Ah, you just couldn't let me win with the 8th, could you?! Kidding! It sounds like Baby Girl is ready to make her entrance, or rather your body is ready to evict her :) Can't wait to see her. You're right, your heart will swell and it's nothing you can prepare for. Keep us posted!!

Megan said...

Yay!! Baby!! Yay!!
Prayers for a safe and happy (and quick) delivery, mama!
Oh, and you have no idea just how big your heart can get. ;)

Carrie Drake said...

I'll be thinking of you today and tomorrow. I can't wait for the announcement! What an amazing thing to anticipate. Xoxo!