Monday, December 3, 2012

Daddy's helper

We don't have a ton of trees in our yard, but enough to make raking once or twice in the fall a necessity, so last weekend Mike went out to load up a few yard bags.  I needed to make our (big) weekly trip to the grocery store and said I'd take Anna with me so that he'd be uninterrupted.  He looked at me a little sad, saying, "I thought she'd want to help me and play in the leaves."  I'm sure I looked at him like he had four heads and said "yeah right, you'll get nothing done," and off we went to the store. 

We got home less than an hour later and Mike grabbed Anna from the car and kept her outside while I unloaded the groceries.  Not 10 minutes later I went outside to see how much (or little) help she was offering and was shocked to see she *was actually* helping load the bags with leaves!  It's just like me to underestimate our little girl, and just like Mike to suggest an idea so crazy (to me) that it actually works.  In no time at all, Anna was bringing hand fuls of leaves over to the bags and even saying "thank you" as Mike said it to her : )  Although I'm sure her enthusiam for raking leaves will wain over the years, but we'll enjoy our big helper while we have her!






2 comments:

Carol Mc said...

Send her my way!

GiGi said...

Sh3e is such a wonderful child. I am constantly amazed at her ability to make even the most common things seem exciting. The miracle of a small child helps us to see the truly wonderful things in life.