Sunday, September 16, 2012

Twice as nice


We pardon your regularly scheduled Anna programming to bring you news that on or around March 10 our little star will be sharing the spotlight ... that's right, Anna is going to be a big sister!  We couldn't be happier and think it will be twice as nice with two under two, and (approximately) twenty-two months apart!

Someone once said that the best things in life are surprises and I wholeheartedly believe that's the case, and it happens to hold true with this news; for someone that was told before starting chemo that there was a slim chance I'd be able to have children of my own, we'll take it anyway we can get it : ) I'm 15 weeks and so far have had a fairly textbook pregnancy, knock on wood.  That said, with a toddler underfoot, things are a bit different, as I know all you Moms of 2+ can agree.  Although I've been able to squeeze in a few weekend naps and did hit the hay a little earlier during the first trimester, long gone are the days of lounging and daydreaming about that little bun baking in your oven.  I dealt with some fairly bad allergies over the summer, which were complicated by the pregnancy hormones, and had a touch of nausea (mine comes in the afternoon), here and there, but nothing to complain about.  I'm starting to show (still in the questionable, maybe she's had a few too many donuts phase) and revealed my news at work this, so maternity pants are right around the corner. 

Because we loved being surprised with Anna's gender, we don't plan to reveal with this pregnancy either.  Don't worry about lack of pregnancy projects, though, I'll get to spend my time decorating Anna's big-girl room since the nursery will remain mostly untouched.

In the event that your jaw is still on the floor, I'll leave you to digest this news and gaze at Baby Kelly 2 (BK squared as Mike and I affectionately refer to him/her) and Anna's first photo shoot as a big sister.   And, yes, we did reveal the news to our parents by letting Anna wear the pictured shirt, we couldn't make it easy after Round 1 : )

Nine week photo shoot, we'll see him/her again in about 5 weeks


Being a big sister sounds cool, but these elephants are pretty neat too!

Woo hoo!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Congratulations again! Thanks for doing the math for me so I didn't have to try to calculate how far along you are (:

Megan said...

Congratulations guys! Yea, what they don't tell you is that subsequent pregnancies progress at warp speed and that as soon as you see that plus sign, just go ahead and bust out the maternity wear.