Tuesday, November 1, 2016

A ghost, a princess, and a straw-baby ...

I always start asking about Halloween costumes a few months ahead of time to see what ideas / themes stick. This year both girls were pretty consistent and went with a scary ghost and princess Belle (from Beauty and the Beast) early on. I kept pressing Anna about the ghost costume and she held steady, even scoffing at some of my friendly ghost suggestions. "Puh-lease, Mommy, that costume will NOT scare ANYONE!" ... Ok, noted ...  She's her Paw Paw's granddaughter and is apparently now "brave, because I decided to be!" and into all things scary (and a little gore'y). It's hard to find scary ghost costume without a hood in her size (shocker, ha), so we went with a zombie / ghost / corpse bride costume and scary make-up. On the flip side Princess Belle was a no-brainer and Miss Charlotte played the role perfectly. They were both an excellent compliment to the straw-baby who was just along for the ride.
Our trial make-up run before Trunk or Treat at school.
It's hard trick-or-treating and then sitting still for a picture ; )
aka the story of Charlotte's life, ha

The trick-or-treat crew; Mike didn't have a choice this year, I forced him into the Halloween spirit.
Oooohhh, scary!!
"You mean you made me wear this hat and I don't even get any candy?"
The cat and straw-baby held down the fort at home while the big girls went door to door.

#unimpressed ... as we walked to the neighborhood pizza party before trick-or-treating started.



1 comments:

Ms. Thomas said...

I am seriously impressed with Anna's ghost. I believe we may have a Halloween queen in the making here....