Monday, May 30, 2016

Baby Bump: 27 Weeks

Here I am again, behind on documenting much related to this pregnancy, such is life with it's #3 : ) As far as pregnancies go, I feel like I'm pretty average in hindsight (which is always 20/20, ha), but in my personal medical-mystery style, something always seems to pop up and I usually don't feel "normal" and "average" when in the throws of it. With Anna and Charlotte I was borderline pre-eclamptic with both toward the end, which got me extra visits, ultrasounds, and plenty of non-stress tests; and with Charlotte, an induction. This time around I've been tracking protein in my urine since my first check-up and am now seeing a nephrologist in addition to my OB and oncologist. I have extremely elevated levels of protein, and they don't know why and can't test or biopsy, but my kidney and liver function are holding their own for now, so all we can do is monitor and plan to biopsy about 6 weeks post-partum (if needed). I'm doing my best to keep my blood pressure in check and monitor swelling, but man do I feel like a hot, sweaty mess most days. My maternity wardrobe had to expand to include summer selections and I'm pretty much living in dresses and shorts and my goal on the weekend is to spend as much time at the pool as possible.

How Far Along: 27 weeks

Size of Baby: Approximately 2 pounds, about the size of a head of cauliflower, and approximately  14 1/2  inches long; I haven’t had an ultrasound since 20 weeks, so these are just estimates based on the fact that I’m measuring right on track both belly-wise and with weight-gain. 

Movement: This baby girl is a just like her sisters, active mostly in the afternoon and evening and I'm starting to feel bigger kicks and have been able to get Mike and Anna over in time to feel as well. 

Sleep:  I'd say pregnancy average. Summer heat is hard to adjust to, especially when pregnant, and I'm more restless in the middle of the night earlier in this pregnancy because of it. 

Cravings:  Nothing super specific and it depends on the day and what has popped into my head. I'm trying to watch weight gain and stay more active this pregnancy, but am definitely enjoying some indulgences and often times justify because it's a swap for the glass of wine I'm not enjoying :  ) 

Symptoms: Fatigue, swelling in my ankles and feet, and an umbilical hernia that hurts like the dickens.  An occasional headache that lingers, and a couple of migraines, but nothing like what I had with Charlotte. 

Best Moment This Week: Surviving hot days at Disney World and Sea World and rewarding myself with dips in the pool the days in between : ) 

Charlotte obviously wasn't as excited to pose with me as Anna : ) 
No pictures with Charlotte at 27 weeks and the one at 26 weeks with her is horrendous

0 comments: