Monday, July 28, 2014

Our little runner girl!

At the end of June Anna ran her first race and collected her first medal (aka race bling), just like Mommy and Daddy! She LOVES to run, almost to a fault when it comes to listening and staying out of the street, but loves to run nonetheless. A favorite local race of ours, the Hyde Park Blast, held in our old neighborhood, holds children's races after the adult 4-miler. Mike and Anna were signed up and given that I had to get 4 miles in that weekend for my own training program, I signed up to push Anna in our running stroller. It was a fun family outing and we were thankful that Gigi was able to stay home with Charlotte! Pushing 30+ pounds of toddler in a running stroller on the hilly course was HARD, but we made it, had lots of fun, and I even beat my race time from 2010, pre-kids (I guess it's true that Moms do everything faster!). Although she was a little shy, Anna had a blast and wore her medal all weekend! When's the next race, little runner girl??







1 comments:

Danielle said...

Love it! Kids will do anything for a sticker or even better, a medal!