Saturday, March 10, 2012

Creepin' and crawlin' and movin' all around

Just six days shy of diving into double month digits, Anna surprised us all with crawling this week. We have a mover and a shaker, and the world really is her oyster now! She went on strike in regard to her afternoon naps this week, so we *may* have taken advantage of her fatigue and desire to nurse after arriving home on Thursday, which prompted her first four or five "crawling steps." After a 45 minute nap on Mom's lap and dinner with Dad, we decided to try again. You'll see in the first video that she wasn't a fan of us plopping her down and then moving 5 feet away. Again, shameless exploitation for the purpose of documenting a milestone. Whoops. I sure hope none of my readers tip off CPS.


Mike asked me to edit out his G&R solo in the beginning, but (1) I can't figure it out, and (2) I love the glimpse into our real life it provides. You can hear me gently let him know that we're recording after the solo wraps. We are constantly changing up lyrics or singing "real" songs to Anna. Baby Einstein, Baby Schmeinstein, I grew up to be pretty successful listening to the Oldies station with my Dad. Aaaand, sorry about the focus issues, I realized too late and didn't want to stop and miss anything.


I love how she keeps the eye on the prize in this one! And was very thankful for the camera focusing, great morning light, a happy subject, and the lack of any nosy cats : )

Focused!!

Stopping for a leg lift

You want me to do whhhaatt?

OK, let me back up and get a good head start ...

5 comments:

Carrie Drake said...

Go ANNA! So adorable!

Saralyn said...

Oh my!!!! I love it!!! She is so cute!

Danielle said...

Love the title! She is a mover and a shaker for sure. Girls advance so much more quickly than boys!

I'm here to solicit your vote for the recipe contest I entered. I'd really appreciate your vote (:

http://www.danielledeskins.blogspot.com/2012/03/black-and-white-dulce-de-leche-bars.html

Kristen R Hord said...

So, I was watching the videos and it brought a small tear to my eye. Man, I've become an emotional person. I'm so happy for her!! I can't wait for Cam's big debut!! Congrats to now, not being able to sit her down and you get chores down!! hahah :)

Ms. Thomas said...

Anna, you are amazing. Way to go! And don't mind us if we start pushing you down when you try to walk. You're just getting too big too fast.